Friday, September 23, 2011

RD 2 Be

      Think about how much food is a part of our everyday lives. Everyday we eat food. Food is fuel for our bodies. Without carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, and water, the simple elements of food, we simply would not survive. As Hippocrates once said, "Let food be thy medicine." 

Honor your hunger and respect your fullness. Be mindful of when and why you are eating. Develop a healthy relationship with food.

So why did I call this post, RD 2 Be? Because I am a dietetic intern on her journey to becoming a Registered Dietitian. The picture above is my brother and I at my graduation...Messiah College, May 2011. My goal is to become a Registered Dietitian by August 2012. This blog highlights some of my adventures throughout the internship, along with my thoughts on how to nourish your life through joyful eating.

2 comments:

  1. Alex, Nice grad photo! Remember when Greg was shorter than you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you forgot (see photo). Best wishes and prayers for your ADA Conference.

    ReplyDelete